add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ProVisionzHD
  • 78 months ago

So 3 days ago i ordered a TX650 non ethusiast for 69.99$. Then today i found out that the ethusiast version of the tx650 is 69.99$ on newegg with a promo code. Is this something to sweat on? And i cant cancel my order so BLAH. My rig im going to be building soon (Christmas) is gunna be a :

CPU > FX-6300 | GPU > GTX 760/280x/270x i cant figure out which one im gunna buy | Mobo > Asrock Extreme3 990fx | Ram > 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Case > Nzxt Source 210 w/ window | HDD > Western Digital Blue 1tb |

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

The only difference is the constructor. Seasonic for the Enthusiast and CWT for the non-Enthusiast. The CWT unit even have 1 Amp and 12 Watts extra on the 12V Rail.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Please help someone?

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not that big of a deal. You missed out on a deal - it happens.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Call and ask them if they charge restocking fees on returns where you haven't opened the product package (and I mean haven't even scratched - no taking off the shrink-wrap or anything).

They didn't charge me on one of my RMA's for that reason, but I'm not sure if that's because I was persistent or because it's their policy. If they don't charge you restocking, just order the Enthusiast one and then RMA your non-Enthusiast when it arrives.

As for your GPU, the 280X benchmarks like a GTX 770/680 but is only $50 more than the GTX 760. Not sure about the 270X.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya missing out on deals is just something that happens.. it sucks unfortunately.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

So its not really a big deal?

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

It's really not, both PSUs are going to suit your needs, I wouldn't sweat it

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Regarding the GPU,

• 280x ~= 770
  • 7950 ~= 760 (if 7950 is not overclocked)
  • 7950 > 760 (if 7950 is overclocked)
  • 7950 > 270x (even at stock)

You got a 990fx MB, so I would suggest you to get a 280x or 7950 as these cards OC nice.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube