add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just Cause 3 on 860K and GTX 950?

kaiju_wars

47 months ago

Hello, I need some help. I purchased Just Cause 3 for PC. I have an AMD Ahtlon X4 860K and a GeForce GTX 950 and 8 GBs of RAM. I know this game is demanding, so I looked it up beforehand to make sure I can run it. From what some sources have said, I should be able to run this game at 1080p at low to mid settings with 30+ FPS. That's fine, I don't care if it's low, I just want the 1080p.

I'm not getting that. I have it at 900p right now, with everything on low or turned off, and if the action starts getting good, I start dropping frames into the 20s and lower. I know my hardware isn't defective because every other game I've played I've had no problem. Hell, Far Cry 4 is another demanding title and I'm running it at mid to high settings around 60 FPS (I have Vsync on since my monitor is only 60hz).

So is there anything else I can do to get this game to run decently?

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

JC3 wrecked my 860K at stock speeds, around 30FPS usually with a R9 280 but I never dropped below 20FPS, the lowest it went was usually around 25FPS. I currently have it overclocked to 4.6Ghz and now get around 45FPS usually and sometimes upwards of 70FPS and the gpu is now a R9 390 and gpu is actually being held back by the cpu.

So my suggestion would be to buy a cheap HSF and overclock it provided your motherboard isn't crap. Also overclock your ram.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Will probably have to do that... thanks man.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

but wait, overclocking your ram limits how much you can overclock your cpu so isnt it a "one or the other" situation?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Relevant

Scroll down to JC3.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

So poor optimization then?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I imagine it's because it's an open-world game, so it has a lot of assets to cache. Most modern processors go up to L3 caching, but the 860k only goes up to L2.

JC3 is also very physics-intensive, which demands a lot of the CPU.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube