add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cannot pick a case, any suggestions?

JoshuaKD

45 months ago

Ok im looking for a case for my build - > http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JoshuaKD/saved/BgZhP6

I cannot for the life of me decide on a case. I kinda need to work with a budget so it would be nice if the case was around 60, but I guess if there is something that is a really good value, it would be worth shelling out a little more money.

I had either the corsair 200r/300r or HAF 912 in mind but as I said, there's so much that due to lack of any real knowledge of computer cases I am having a hard time deciding. Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, or NZXT S340.

Since these are mid towers, with nice side windows, I would recommend you switch to an ATX board instead of an mATX, since there would be awkward empty space.

Something like this, or this would work just fine. There are other options though.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

If I decide to go with the enthoo pro m, will I need to add any fans or will I be alright with the one included?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

It comes with 2 fans 140mm fans IIRC.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh hah that should be fine then. Thanks for the help!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Well actually, if you dont mind Im gonna ask one more thing. Is there any non-windowed cases you'd recommend? The way my desk is set up I really wont be seeing much of the window anyways so its kind of pointless in my situation.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I found this which looked pretty cool imo. Don't know how functional it is though.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/deepcool-case-steamcastlemblk

This, would be my first choice though for practicality reasons.

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm. Weird. I was talking to someone else about something.

Fixed

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT S340 I love it so much. Things amazing. Look like I'm late to the party but I'll put in my own 2 cents. Also it's worth noting if you get it in white it's only ~65

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

The S340 is really nice but no optical drive bays, which I will be needing :/

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah I see and external is pretty ugly. In that case no pun intended the enthoo seems like a good choice seeing as it has already been put in your build.

I'll keep looking though and ill see if there are any other decent cases.

BTW have you thought of a cardboard box.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

As much as I would love to go with a cardboard box, my Motherboard doesn't seem to have Cardboard 2.0 support so

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I found good sized cardboard 1.0 with reasonable airflow and fantastic cable management no ratings... guess its hard when your house has burnt down. It'll go nice with your premium trash bin... wait that's a mac pro?!?! I've lost all hope in humanity's ability to design a product.Proof right here

No really I found the 100r if you're willing to work with that it looks great

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

100r seems alright to me, I'll have to look at it more in the morning though. Been looking at computer parts too long, I'm slowly starting to turn into one.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

40 $ more, Phanteks Enthoo Pro. That thing is a beast.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Its full tower though, that's a lot of space for what I'm putting in it

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I would reccomend this. It went up in price by 5 dollars but what can you do. It's a high quality case and I a, personally purchasing it.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Its funny you mention that one actually, I was looking at it earlier today. Problem with it for me is its only 55 right now because the rebate, which expires soon. I probably wont be buying the parts on my build for another few months and by that time the rebate will be far pasr over.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Then just buy it now. If you are a premier member than you can just return it if you don't like it.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe the DIYPC Cuboid R

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube