add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what is the quietest cpu cooler?

Protokai

41 months ago

im looking for a super silent cpu cooler for my X99 build that has a 5930k in it i only plan on overclocking to 4ghz and i would like to know what cpu cooler you guys would recommend willing to spend up to 200 on one if it can be completely silent and be ethier black or Green (razor coolers to match the h440 razor case) what does everyone reccomend? edit im down to choosing between these 3
1 https://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk018 2 https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-crr1a *3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13C-0007-00002&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-CPU+Cooling-_-13C-0007-00002&gclid=CPKW3LTzwssCFUk6gQod9jAK5w&gclsrc=aw.ds (need a reccomendation on fan for heatsink) does anyone have any ideas what is better?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Duel tower air coolers are very quiet and capable of cooling the x99 chips. Dark rock pro 3, Cyrorig R1 ultimate some all black examples which are very good and run silent.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, theres a few that fit this category.... and you can swap around fans if needed to fine tune noise or looks (though performance will change also, so its a balancing act)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep in mind that these are a pain in the *** to install

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Dark rock pro 3 is a tad annoying but Cyrorig and noctua have a good mounting system. Also tbh once the cooler is on personally I rarely am pulling them off and on so the slightly harder initial install is not bad in the grand scheme of things.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Really, i had difficulty mounting the the pro 3... It took quite some time. Then again this was little earlier in my pc building hobby.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair has a lot of great products. H110 being one of the best. http://www.maximumpc.com/best-cpu-cooler-liquid-air/

• 41 months ago
  • -1 points

The best air cooler

All cpu's cool are air coolers unless they are passive...

The best liquid cooling solution

The H110 isn't the best AIO or liquid cooler.

Best budget cooler

At this point you can tell they are just naming popular parts and haven't done any actual research since the Evo 212 is out done by quite a few other coolers.

Heatsinks can get clogged with dust

So can rads...The author seems not to be very knowledgeable and was obviously running out of material.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The article has solid points for the H110. The rest, while it may not matter, was not based on unsupported data and benchmarks. The Evo is still one of the best budget coolers on the market, especially with the new X series. I am sure there are other options for liquid cooling. That is why I didn't say the H110 was the only one. It was just a way to give some back up to what I was saying so Protokai could look it up for him/herself if they liked what they heard.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't bother arguing with him dude, you'll end up feeling like an idiot I'm sure.

• 41 months ago
  • 0 points

The article has solid points for the H110

There is the EK Predator and the Swifttech H series or whatever its called and the NZXT Kraken X61 and the Cryroig A80 which has a good chance of being better but I can't say for sure due to a lack of a review for it. Plus there is custom loop kits which aren't too hard to install. Plus they never mention in terms of performance or noise or what, the Notuca D15 which is a liquid cooler is basically the quietest out there and I already covered performance above.

The Evo is still one of the best budget coolers on the market

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/143467-cm-212-evo-crushed-for-10-15-less

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2467876/alternatives-hyper-212-evo-budget-cooling.html

There is the Cryorig M9I which has similar performance for cheaper, the Be Quiet Pure Rock which costs about the same amount, the RAIJINTEK AIDOS which costs quite a bit less and has comparable performance, the Cryorig H7 which is a bit better and only costs a bit more, the Silverstone AR02,I could probably keep naming coolers but I think you get the point here. The Evo 212 isn't king of budget coolers by performance and/or bang for your buck and its not unique in anyway since a crap ton of builds use it.

• 41 months ago
  • 0 points

First the MSI Gaming waterblock and now this that I somehow missed being reviewed/released.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Id avoid the EK for now since they just did that massive recall... wait till its a sure bet that they don't have issues again... the Kraken and Swifttech are great though

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want a quiet AIO cooler I would go for a EK Preadtor 240 or a Swiftech H220X or whatever it is called or if you can live with a HSF I would go for a Cryorig R1.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

does the cryorig r1 comes in black or green?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

In black but iirc the top is plastic so you have the option to paint it ir something and iirc they have some sort of attachment for the top

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ok cool you think the R1 ultimate is best? or do you think the https://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk018 is better?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Its going to be worst, the one you want is the Dark Rock 3 Pro. Iirc the Cryroig R1 is tad bit better performance wise, maybe a few degrees difference but I can't recall how they compare noise wise but they both are quiet coolers.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

sticking to the R1 is best then? thanks for all your help sorry for bugging yah

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua makes silent ones, Cryorig is also great and slightly cheaper.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

witch noctua fan do you reccomend? and you think the cryorig r1? or something else?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I love the Noctua NF-F12's. Cryorig is good as well, they normally bench about 2nd place to most Noctua, but are very close.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Your quietest option would probably be a passive cooler, but I would go with a Cryorig R1 with the green customod covers since the looks are important.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

what fan would you get with it?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal's Venturi Fans are excellent

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Try custom loop water cooling. That might be a good way to keep the noise down

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

i suck at water cooling i killed my last build with one so im not going to do that but it is the best i agree

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ouch, that sucks dude. If you don't want to watercool try the be quiet! Dark Rock 3.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You aren't going to want a passive cooler to dissipate around 200 watts of heat and you are going to want a dual tower HSF since it will mean better cooling which means you don't need to crank the fans up as high and a dual tower HSF is within budget so you might as well get one.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree, but I think the CPU is only 140 watts TDP.

I'd go with the Cryorig R1 Ultimate. Check memory clearances. They have a downloadable, foldable tool.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the CPU is only 140 watts TDP.

Overclocked its going put out about 200 watts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube