add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on cooler masters haf stacker?

chapeshiel

74 months ago

Just wondering what people think about the upcoming stacker series and if its anything to worth looking into say for minor watercooling and major airflow as in the name?

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Did you watch some of the computech coverage? I like it. I think it has many different applications. Its interresting that you can basically add a glorified HDD cage to a an existing micro-atx build. Maybe store some watercooling components in there too. It is pretty pricey for an enclosure though, so I think it is only applicable for those that are pretty sure they will be expanding past the limits of their build. Then you don't have to start with a 950D or CM Cosmos II even though you may eventually have that many drives, or need the room for complex water-cooling. Seems like it will also be a good idea if you like consolidating space. A "stack without a rack".

I love innovation in the enclosure market. We have come so far from the ubiquitous little black box. I like to see people able to express their individuality and flair with their cases. Hell they have to stare at them day after day, it just makes sense.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll be ordering one as soon as I get the money, I was planning on doing a case change anyways, I wanted something more sleek but the functionality in this case is overwhelming. I'll deal with it not being as sleek, as long as I could build a sexy looking WC setup in it, and with that side window? I think I would prefer the look from the watercooling and the components inside over the sleek look I was looking for in the other cases I was interested in.

Even the 915F alone seemed to have great watercooling capabilities (although it's really long for an M-ITX) if you were going to build a system inside of it. from what I understood, if you removed the drive holder in the middle of the case, you could mount a radiator on that side. It's a shame though that you can't mount something on the top but that's what modding is for!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube