add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Itx cases

twinn

45 months ago

I'm looking for an itx replacement for my define mini: it's just too big to take with me. I'm hoping to move my system onto an itx mobo and into a case 20 litres or smaller. Can you help me pcpartpicker?

My first choice at the moment is Lian Li's PC-Q10. It's bigger than some of the alternatives I've considered, but I'm impressed by the design concept, the case has been reviewed as silent and well ventilated, and I like the window.

I've considered a number of cases, including, the Silverstone Sugo SG13B-Q (cramped/no window), the Ncase M1 (no window/pricey), and the EVGA Hadron (loud 1U psu).

Any recommendations or insights into this form factor are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Actually, I love the tu100. Such a great concept. Unfortunately, it's a little too... little. I'd rather not place extreme limitations on GPU compatibility, and I'd like to strike a size/silence balance that favours silence. The Metis should be out of the running for the same reasons, but I'll mull it over because I'm vain. It's a pretty case.

I'm not too crazy about slim cases, and the core 500 would take up a lot of desk space. They are great suggestions though. I think I might be too picky. ><

Does anyone have experience with the hadron air or the Rajintek Metis?

p.s. I noticed you built in the cougar QBX. How did you like that case?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a nice case with its pros and cons. Its a good idea to use a SFX PSU and one of this, which i did (not shown in pictures)

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=631&area=en

This case is very picky with PSU. And if you dont use fans on side panel you can use a heatsink up to 125mm.

My biggest con would be the lack of filters. Only the one on the bottom is a good one. The one on the front is a cheapo... Getting a filter for the PSU and a good one for the front fan is a must (probably from demcifilter).

Fans on the bottom would need to be slim 120mm fans as normal ones push the GPU. BUt other than that im using all noctua pwm fans except for the one below the GPU which is a slim prolimatech pwm fan. Its almost silent as the loudest component in my build and the only one you can hear at idle is the PSU. For the price its a decent case.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone here has a hadron... I think it's Sonny Warbucks... He doesn't like it from what I know.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermaltake Core V1

https://youtu.be/StLHMgSpptc

Thermaltake Suppressor F1

https://youtu.be/Vnl9dB7onqM

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

The PSU isn't that loud and is easily replaceable. I'd recommend the Ncase m1

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. You're probably right. And now you have me reconsidering the hadron!

I've stumbled across a number of tips, from adding rubber feet to the case to improve psu airflow to swapping the psu fan or venting the gpu exhaust away from the back of the psu (if you don't have a reference card). The thing I want to do most with that case is mod it to pieces: with the HDD cage removed and the front panel offset by magnets or velcro, you could easily mount two intake fans in the case behind the front panel.

The Ncase is a wonderful case, but an expensive option for me here in Canada (shipping and customs 0_o). I'm really leaning towards a windowed case anyway.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

You can get the case in a windowed variant, try to find one used though. If you have any questions about the case just ask.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll go with Ncase M1. It's a case that's small enough to fit a 240mm radiator & can water cool both the CPU & GPU without significant modding.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I've warmed up to the M1. And I've done away with my window tomfoolery - it's not worth choking out the system anyway.

We'll see if I can find one used. A new case would cost me $300 before customs fees. :(

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube