add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which PSU should I get for my build?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

the EVGA 550w is probably the better unit, but if your going to upgrade, you may want that seasonic 620w for a little extra breathing room.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

the V650 is the quietest one in this group and also the most efficient. the XTR is the best one in terms of internals and build quality, but is very loud.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I guess that one is ruled out then. Thanks for actually giving info about the noise.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p20750x1

I Would recommend EVGA G2 series or even the P2 series if on sale for a good price like they have been lately.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

are you going to stay with the same architecture or not, but if you want to leave some room for sure 620w but other wise evga 550w as it is more quite and cheaper. anyway getting back to the new architecture if you are then i think you should also you can fit a r9 fury on a 550w but its not that safe. hope this helps <3

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The i5 will stay in there but the 380 will probably be swapped out by the end of the year so might save up a bit more and the 650w version of the EVGA one.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

that would be a mistake. the GS units aren't that quiet under load. if going EVGA, stick with G2/P2 units. here is a review for the 650 P2 that shows the performance and noise of the 650 GS. not great: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply,4364-9.html

here is a 550G2 review that also shows the 550 GS. the coolermaster V550S in this link is an older model that is semi modular and has a louder fan: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-550-g2-power-supply,4244-9.html

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I spend a bit more to get a p2 or g2 unit then?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

if you want a quiet psu as a priority the G2 would be fine, the Corsair RMx would be best.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Aaaaand RMi.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

How quiet are the other choices compared to the G2?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube