add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with cooling and overclocking

calmera

76 months ago

I don't know much about overclocking, but I plan on learning more about it and eventually doing it. Just wondering if this build would be able to overclock or would I need a better PSU? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Q52B

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 2 points

By my maths, I would not go with anything less than a 619 Watt psu. Since they don't sell 619 Watt psus, I'd just bump it up to the next model. This would leave you room if you ever wanted to crossfire with a second gpu, and some cushion due to psu fatigue.

I hope this helps.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya there no reason you couldn't get a nice 4.0 O/C in there comfortably

I would go with this for the wireless though : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/encore-wireless-network-card-enewi1xn45

USB wireless adapters tend to be, for the lack of a better word, ****.

You can youtube some videos on overclocking, it's not very complicated but it does take a little time so don't rush through it

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

lol so true on the usb adapters

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to overclock to good levels, you need a 990x/990fx based MB.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube