add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you know which of these PSU is better?

AR771
  • 49 months ago

I am currently deciding on a psu between FSP Berserker 500W and this XFX 400W XT Series. So I stumbled across the reports of 80plus.org and found their reports on these psu's(there arent reviews for them elsewhere).FSP and XFX So how can I deduce which one is better?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Even if there aren't any professional reviews I can say that fsp has a very good reputation manufacturing psus and xfx has (to my knowledge) has exclusively used seasonic as their oem.

I can say with resonable certainty that both of these psus are good units and more than adequate for an appropriate build. It won't make a huge difference which one is "better"

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the reports I linked to show that the xfx is more efficient than FSP so should I assume that it is better than it?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't nessisaraly mean it's better, there are units that are gold rated but are still are crap and there are some really good 80+ units

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't. No reviews yet.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

FSP if you need the extra 100 watts of power and XFX if you want the all black flat cables (looks sleeker). Both of them are very good and have been manufactured by trusted OEMs so don't fuss on trying to find the best one between them.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That XFX is not great. It is a Seasonic design but manufactured by some other plant and uses less than good components. not something I would recommend. The first not-good XFX PSU.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you recommend me 500W or above,tier 2 or above psu under $50?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

There aren't really any. The cheapest and best PSU is currently the Seasonic 520w.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That was fast,Thanks btw what about antec VP ?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a good unit, but not as good as the Seasonic. What will this PSU be powering?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

A 380x and a i5 6500

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah my first choice is FSP but the report by 80plus shows that xfx is more efficient so I was confused

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube