add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
snoopers
  • 50 months ago

so im trying to build a pc with the help and power of the pcpartpicker website, but i ran into a problem. i have a portable case but i dont know how long it would take to move it from place to place. i have the corsair 380T and it doesnt have an optical drive option, so how would i install an OS? it also only has 2 usb ports, so i cant put my mouse, keyboard, and other peripherals at once. so should i move to a non-portable case and lose the portability? or is a portable case any better than a non-portable case? thankyou to anyone who can help me. i was also wondering if a gtx 970 is a big hit up from the 960. or which one is more worth it. i dont play too heavy games like crysis 3.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

it also only has 2 usb ports, so i cant put my mouse, keyboard, and other peripherals at once. so should i move to a non-portable case and lose the portability?

Remember you can use the usb ports on your motherboard too.

so how would i install an OS?

If you are going with windows 10 i would advise you to download the latest version of windows 10 from microsoft site. The media creation tool will let you create a usb installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

i was also wondering if a gtx 970 is a big hit up from the 960.

Yep....

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks so much. this is my first time build and im geting a lot of understanding from the help from you and other resources. i dont exactly understand how to use the usb ports on the motherboard thingy though. do you like connect the usb ports from the inside of the case to the item your connecting? if you can give me a guide or something that could help

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont exactly understand how to use the usb ports on the motherboard thingy though. do you like connect the usb ports from the inside of the case to the item your connecting?

The usb ports on the motherboard will work, you dont need to connect anything. The ones on the front panel of the case which are external need to be connected to the motherboard to work.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

...i dont exactly understand how to use the usb ports on the motherboard thingy though.

Just to clear, when the mobo (motherboard) is correctly installed in a computer case, the mobo's own USB ports are exposed. No additional connections, assembly or such required. Once properly installed, you should see and be able to use those exposed USB ports located at the back of the computer case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube