add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will the following parts fit into the FTZ01 case?

upbeat

44 months ago

Hi, discovered this great site and forum recently. I'm hoping to build a small as possible robust and portable PC with a decent GPU. I am not sure if the following combination works in the case (it is more or less taken from the CustoMac Mini Deluxe list of Hackintoshes):

*Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WiFi

*Core i5-4690K

*Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)

*Samsung 850 EVO 120GB

*Corsair CS 550 Watt

*EVGA GT 740 SC

*Thermaltake Slim X3 Low Profile (Air)I'm not sure if the cooler is needed.

Thanks for your help with this. It's much appreciated, Cheers, Upbeat1

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

They should, but you will want some better parts

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

What in particular would you recommend I upgrade? I might be able to increase my budget a bit. Keep in mind that ideally I would like the option to Hackintosh it so ease of that plays a role too.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Tell me your budget, and if you need an OS/Mouse/keyboard/monitor ect, US/CAD ect...?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Could potentially stretch it to 1300 USD if it is better value for money. Don't need OS,mouse,keyboard or a monitor. My aim really is to build a small backpack-portable machine (maybe transported a couple of times a week) that packs a good amount of 'value for money' performance wise.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you want to overclock, or are you okay with a locked processor?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Open to the idea of over clocking but concerned about heat build up which I believe can be an issue in a mini ITX case. I am hoping to change the ftz01 case to a Dan-A4 case as soon as that is out, not sure how the cooling is in that one

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I've gone ahead and made an alternative build list with some upgrades. Does this make more sense? Is it still all compatible and going to fit inside the case (hoping for future compatibility with the Dan A4 case as well)? Thanks again for any input at all.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $329.00
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler $79.00
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $160.00
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $168.00
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.00
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB OC Edition Video Card $275.00
Case Silverstone ML07B HTPC Case $119.00
Power Supply Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply $135.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1364.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-29 12:24 AEDT+1100

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube