add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

tips on travelling with your PC

FFrey

45 months ago

Any tips? Should i build in a mini itx case like thermaltake v1? Will a mini tower micro atx case be easy to travel with?

e-e.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't use hard drives or AIOs first of all. Second, I recommend getting a small case. The perfect case for a carry-on backpack would be the node 202, for luggage an EVGA Hadron. I recommend filling the inside of the PC with protective material and wrapping the outside in some other stuff.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Node 202 is some good stuff. that price though. Any cheaper alternatives? although i'm pretty dead set on the thermaltake V1 right about now. Also thx for the other advice too >:D

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the case includes a decent PSU. You don't want to cheap out on the case, Fractal makes good stuff.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Seconded. A traveling PC will take much more physical abuse than a stay-at-home desktop, and you'll save money in the long run buying a more expensive but durable case than having to replace a cheap one + any parts that end up as collateral damage. Though even in a good case, you still have to be very careful with a traveling computer.

Silverstone makes good HTPC cases, as well. The ML08 and RVZ02 can both fit full-size graphics cards.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I picked the node due to the nice fit of the integrated PSU and I believe it is a little smaller.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm i do mean air travel. I was wondering if the mini tower micro atx case would somehow fit in my hand luggage or would my best bet be a straight up mini itx case

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube