add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case

KipTheRip

45 months ago

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to mount an 3.5 HDD drive in to the optical drive slot of the Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case or would I have to do some sort of modding or buy an adapter? I am also wondering if cable management would be a problem in this situation or would it remain clean?

PS: I mean for hot swapping drives and also to keep the front looking hidden I.e. being able to keep the aluminum plate as if the case was vanilla

Thanks

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

... buy an adapter?

Yes.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you suggest some products that would work?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

... for hot swapping drives and also to keep the front looking hidden

With stated criteria, none.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the information :)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

i got the same case and used an adapter. if you want to hot swap try this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817998020

for more options Google, 3.5 to 5.25 hot swap.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube