add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair h100i vs NZXT Kraken x61?

NicoMan2240

46 months ago

I want a good Liquid cooler since they just have better aesthetics than air coolers and seem able to cool better. But, I dont know which to go for. The NZXT Kraken X61, Corsair h100i, or Corsair h100i GTX. Also, I know the stock fans usually are really loud so I'd like to switch them out for something better. Tips on that would be good too.

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The x61. The Corsair cooler is still good, but NZXT's performs slightly better and is quieter.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. I definetly don't want the noise during recordings.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

If noise dampening is paramount, you'll want an air cooler rather than a water one.

Noctua's heat sinks are an excellent choice for sound recording builds. However they definitely fall behind in the aesthetics department, as far as most users are concerned.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I know about Noctua and theig good but horrendously ugly fans. I feel as though Noctua has done this on purpose. But I might just try and find a way to spray paint them. But other than that, I'm up for it.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Replacing the default fans on the heat sink with their Redux units, or be quiet!'s Silent Wings line is an option.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. Is it just the heatsinks on the cooler that make the fans quiet or is it the fans themselves?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

noctua has black industrial fans

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Just personal experience: My x60 (basically the same as the x61), runs noticeably cooler than my wife's h100i.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

That's good. How about the noise under load and idle?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I would not call them quiet, but thats not super important to me. They are not annoying at full blast, but not silent either. Not sure about idle... my rigs don't see it very much:)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

That's cause you are comparing a 240mm to a 280mm rad.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The delta is greater than the reviews led me to belive it would be. That said they both do well under un-normal heavy load. We do fold@home so the systems are at full load all the time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube