add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheap Deal for Corsair H115i Extreme Performance on Amazon?

Slick17

46 months ago

Hey all,

I was recently surfing Amazon - I found this very good deal for the Corsair H115i Extreme Performance ($106.99)! Is this a good cooler? Currently I am lined up to get the NZXT Kraken X61, but I found this deal which is cheaper. I have heard the Kraken can be unreliable and loud, is this true? I am getting the H440 case from their company if that matters.

Thanks!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

NZXT Kraken X61 and the Corsair H115i both have a 280mm rad. The Kraken is a good AIO cooler and is reliable as it's made from a reputable company. Go with the Corsair H115i since it is cheaper.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. If it was not cheaper, would you say to go with the Kraken?

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes because I believe it's stock fans are quieter and I personally like the aesthetics more.

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

The Corsair will be louder by a pretty big amount. the SP140L fans are quite noisy.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn, I have heard the Kraken can be very loud - now I am scared ;-;

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Any AIO will be louder. MUCH louder than an air cooler. This is just something you need to understand.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Man, Now I am thinking of going with an Air Cooler then. Any recommendations? Lmao. I am going with a black & red build, anything black or red will do.

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h5ultimate

This is an excellent cooler for the money.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks cool, nice and cheap too! Will take a look. Thanks for all your help!

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd probably recommend something from be quiet!, Phanteks, or Cryorig.

What CPU and case are you using?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the recommendations, will take a look.

i5-6600k & NZXT H440 (Red & Black).

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermalright coolers tend to be a decent choice too.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want the most performance, I'd get a Noctua D15, for better looks, the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 is nice.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip, just found the Phantek PH-TC14PE - in Red! Thoughts on this cooler?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

This isn't true. AIOs have an extra method of generating noise, yes, but It entirely depends on the cooler in question and fans used; you can definitely have air coolers that are louder than AIO liquid coolers.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

But in general when comparing similarly priced/performance coolers, the AIO is louder.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The be quiet! Dark Rock Pro is looking very nice, thoughts?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Great cooler, but very big and akward to install

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM vs Phanteks PH-TC14PE?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The R1 is one of the most powerful air coolers you can get, but keep in mind that it's huge. It easily blocks a large chunk of the motherboard as well as RAM sticks from view, which can make it an unattractive choice if you want to show those things off. It's also a very loud cooler. Besides, it's mostly designed for overclocking very high TDP processors like Haswell-Es. A PH-TC14 doesn't dissipate as much heat, but it should be fine for the 6600k as long as you're not going for a massive overclock.

If you want both extreme cooling performance and motherboard/RAM visibility, you'll have to go back to looking at water coolers.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice, it's a tough decision.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube