add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need another dye.

C.higgins23

44 months ago

Anyone know of a good dye or fluid that looks like mercury or silvery? I want a white and silver theme so the Egbert light strips really reflect color. Thanks :D

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I was experimenting with this and used a decent video by mayhems that worked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6y2M6Uvss

I personally moved back to Aurora 2 silver which for my build works fine, but the above method of pastle White base and using green and red dyes works well if you do not want to deal with aurora and allows you to make the grey as dark or as light as you want.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! This was really helpful, but do you think it's possible to make it reflective like metal?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't think so, not if you use pastle as a base white.

I have mixed pastle White with Mayhems Aurora 2 silver but only has a very slight shimmer. Plain old aurora 2 creates an amazing reflective effect, but brings about all the various drawbacks.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

What you could do is use the Aurora Mayhems fluid, but you could also just use nickel plated metal tubing :P

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually am using nikle played tubing, but the res I still visible... I might get a silver res and use white fluid since it is a white and silver build.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube