add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig C7 or Cryorig M9i

JoshuaKD

46 months ago

I cannot decide which CPU cooler I want to go with. Ive been going back and forth with myself for the past hour or so, so I'll ask what you guys think. As the title says, im trying to decide between the cryorig c7 and the cryorig m9i.

My build is here - https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JoshuaKD/saved/BgZhP6

Reasons id go with with c7: - I like the look of the downdraft cooler

Main reason im concerned about it: -Not much preformance increase over stock for $30 price tag -Fan is white in a black/red build

Reasons id go with m9i: -Better cooling -matches -At the moment its $10 cheaper (but out of stock :c) Reasons I wouldn't go with it: - tower coolers are pretty big and bulky looking in case, kinda just block the view of mobo (ik its kinda a dumb reason, but I really like looking at this motherboard lol)

I understand trying to answer my question is like me asking you guys what my favorite color is, its kinda personal opinion. But, in this case, I kinda need someone to point out what my favorite color is.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. You guys have been so helpful on this forum so far! Thanks.

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Both coolers will give maximum ram clearance but the c7 is more efficient and easier to install. However, the m9i is 1 degree cooler than the hyper 212 evo, making it a good choice too. I recommend the c7 though because if you see it in person, it isn't as bad as you think and it fits almost every color scheme. The c7 has a better hive fin design on the heatsink and is quieter.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Hm, im really thinking I'm going to go with the c7. I just looked at the case I'm using and its using white fans, so that kinda helps that. The only thing that bothers me a little is the price though. Another 5-10 dollars wont kill me, but I dont see why the m9i, the bigger cooler, is less money? Is the c7 built with higher quality parts or maybe is it more in demand?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Another 5-10 dollars wont kill me, but I dont see why the m9i, the bigger cooler, is less money? Is the c7 built with higher quality parts or maybe is it more in demand?

The reason for that is probably because its a low profile cooler (very small) so it has a special application. The way i see it is that you dont have issues with height restrictions as you are using a big case (enthoo pro m)... The m9i is a much better cooler and will give your cpu better temps under load, (and this is from experience) tower coolers will also help lower temps on motherboard components contrary to others that push hot air towards it.

The better choice is the m9i IMO.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I Was gonna say technically he should be able to fit an h7 in the enthoo as well if he wanted.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I know the H7 is really good, but its kind of overkill for my processor, don't you think? Also the h7 is quite large and I'm not a huge fan of the really big tower coolers. I know, I'm picky :/

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, its a locked CPU. Even the stock cooler would work fine here.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol yeah it's actually not too much terribly bigger than the c7. I only recommend it because it's the best $30 price range cooler and I love the one I bought lol. My only other recommendation is that with the c7 you can swap the fan to one that suits your build colors better if you'd like

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

So at this point its better preformance for better price vs better looks with a lower preformance.. I guess I should put my picky ways aside and just go with the m9i. I'm sure once I actually see it, it'll be fine. Thanks for the help

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I should put my picky ways aside and just go with the m9i.

Exactly... You can always change the fan for a nicer one, but honestly a heatsink that performs almost on par with the evo 212 can be used with the fan at very low rpms considering you only have a 65 watts tdp CPU. In the end it will have better temps.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I would take the C7, it is pretty quiet and if you dont want to OC too far its good enough

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

pls get the > away from the link

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

And the M9i is TINY and you will still be able to see the motherboard fine.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Also I would recommend getting a cheap 200mm fan for this case in the front.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Will the included front fan be ok for the time being? I'm kinda tight with cash on the current price. I could always get it down the line.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube