add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

LOL I'm lost- installation

Starlana

76 months ago

First off, I'm trying to build my first PC and I'm so lost. The video for installing the CPU cooler says I might have the option to install it over an existing fan; I think making it a fan, radiator, after-market CPU cooling fan. Is this a wise thing to do? I am also really nervous I'm going to put the fan in facing the wrong direction! LOL Any help would be apprecaited! <3 Starlana <3

Oh yeah, here is what I'm working with: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tashpeters%40yahoo.com/saved/2wDI

I already took out the rosewill fan that was in the back, but I can put it back in (hopefully the right way!)

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

That doesn't make sense... you mean install the after-market on top of the stock heat sink?...

No, don't do that. I think they mean "over" in the "instead of" usage, not the physical meaning...

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info. I thought it could have helped cool even more...lol. I have no idea what I'm doing. I never should have attempted this on my own. Now I got all these PC parts spread out all over the table, and I'm stuck on the CPU cooler, like the second part to go on, lol. The videos even skip steps, and then I'm all like "hey how does that bracket thingy go on!!" great...this is going to be a long night...

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha no worries. Just go slowly and you'll be fine.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I got to the point where I'm "just winging it", and breaking a few things on the case along the way to get things to fit. Nobody told me I'd have to manhandle the case. The directions will say..."just slide the optical drive in" but it catches on EVERYTHING. So I am more like jamming it in and cursing and pulling it back and looking in the case, and trying to slide, then jam it in again. I did eventually get it in though.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Just remember...Woosa...Woosa.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I find cursing and getting violent much more therapeutic...lol.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Hahaha yeah sometimes you have to be a little rough.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing wrong with getting a little rough sometimes, just like to know in advance so I enter the situation in the right state of mind.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube