add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair RMx 650W

kyro04
  • 48 months ago

Is this PSU enough to overclock the i5 6600k and the R9 390? I'm hoping to get around 4.5 ghz

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Sure, assuming you aren't trying to run like 50 hard drives on the side or something.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Or some Delta fans.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

alright cool. I was worried because in the specs of the sapphire r9 390 it required a 750W psu

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Another reason the GPU manufacturers suggest the power supplies the way that they do is because power supplies of certain wattage ranges tend to have certain types of PCI power connectors. They suggest 750w for the 390 because any worthwhile 750w supply will have the minimum number of PCI 6+2 connectors to power their card. (In addition to what 526christian said)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Graphics card manufacturers go a bit high in requirements because they don't know the rest of your hardware, your uses, etc.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

well then thanks alot sir!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You can dip under the recommended wattage a bit if your PSU is well-built.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

is this psu well-built then?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably, assuming the rest of the components don't eat too much power

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube