add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

stuck between an aio or air cooler for g3258

joshzpants

46 months ago

So as silly as this decision may seem to you guys I'm stuck between the corsair H50/55/60 and the cooler master gemnii m4. I know that 120mm aio are usually beaten by a decent $30 air cooler but since I'm dealing with such a small case I thought there might be a difference in temps. Also I can pick up the 120mm aio for $10 more than the air cooler so cost is not a big deal, I'm more concerned about performance.

Here's a link to my build so you can get an idea of what I'm working with https://pcpartpicker.com/b/rFvV3C

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm wanting to get a decent overclock of 4.2 to 4.4 GHz

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

You won't be doing to much overclocking with an H97 motherboard. If you want a good after market cooler, I recommend either the Noctua NH-L9i as it is cheaper than the AIO and performs just as good for less money. Typically an AIO under 240mm isn't worth it.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

good stuff to know, thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube