add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Do You Look For in a Computer Chassis?

Vinyl_Scratch_

44 months ago

Features? Look? Design? Ease of Use? Moddability? Durability?

Personally I'm function over form, but I will pay for a great looking case more than not.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

When I first bought, I was looking for price and quality. I wanted to find the best budget case I could, and I ended up getting the Tesseract SW. I don't regret the choice one bit.

A few months ago, I got the Corsair Air 540 for $80 on a flash sale, and I love it.

However, my next build I'm definitely going to be looking for form factor and ease of use. I really want to go to a smaller footprint, and I don't overclock so it gives me a bunch of options as far as cases I could look into. I really love the Phanteks SFF cases.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

If you got the 540, the 240 is a great mATX case :P

Some small quirks but it's extremely easy to mod

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Well thought out and compact layout

2) Not hideous

3) Room for future expansion

4) Price.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Well theres a few things to consider here

• How many PCI slots there is for multi GPU set ups
  • Integrated fan hubs
  • Cable management space
  • Radiator support in size
  • Support for customer water cooling loops
  • Footprint of the case
  • 3.0 ports and amounts of drives supported (HDD & SSD)
  • Proper cutouts and grommits
  • Included dust filters for intakes
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. I prefer cubes over towers, has a lower center of gravity.

2. Horizontal Mobo layout.

3. PSU below motherboard, never above.

4. Functionality.

5. Enough room for cable management.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Functionality, as in, expansion bays, slots, USB type and number, ventilation, price, not ugly, any extras that might be included. I wound up with a DIYPC Silence since it fit the bill for the least money. No lights or window in the side but that's ok, it works well and cable management options are spectacular IMO.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

In order of importance. 1. Durability/Quality. I like steel cases. Even more than aluminum. It just feels nicer in the hand to me. 2. Compatibility. I look for how many square mm of radiators can I fit in it :) 3. Aesthetics. I prefer Fractal Design~ish cases with a side panel window.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

--how many hard drives can I stuff in a system

-Can I get a FULL motherboard in the case with plenty of room for the biggest video card

-Side window

-side window with a fan blowing into the case

-can I fit 2 or 3 X size fans at the top of the case

-reduce the spaghetti cable mess

-how are the front panel connections? # of USB 3.0/3.1. Can I plug head phones to the front panel

-I only buy parts when on sale or some kind of deal

-minimum plastic

-sits on a counter. Solid base feet

-next case will be larger, more to stuff inside and I have the space set aside for the case :)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Features and Look are the big ones for me. I want a nice looking case, that'll be relatively painless when installing whatever components I choose. Air flow is important too.

I'm sure silence is a big one for a lot of people.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube