add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

liquid cooled cpu cooler with clear tubing

Pcjulian12343

46 months ago

anyone know any cpu coolers with clear tubing that would look nice with uv coolant? if not does anyone know any cpu coolers that have removeable tubing to install clear tubes?

A custom loop or aio under 80$ is a good start unless i need to increase the budget

oh and if anyone can reccomend some good colored coolant or water cooling liquids that'd be great!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, do you want an AIO or a custom loop? You can't change the coolant in most AIOs.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Custom loop? But why cant you change the coolant in some coolers?

not to sure

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Custom loop - purchase parts and componants seperate such as tubing, pump resivior then build it yourself. Some come pre-packaged such as ek's stuff. Custom loop for $80 is not really doable considering a single block alone is that much.

AIO - come in to flavours, closed loop or expandable ones. Closed loops are factory sealed units not designed to be opened such as corsair H100i or Krakan x61 which is what shark refers to when he means you can't change the coolent in some. There are some expandable ones also known as AIO open loop such as the swiftech and ek predetor units.

For $80 you can get the 240 mm raijintek triton cooler which allows you to change dyes. https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu-cooler/#m=439&X=7787,16999 Better coolers in the form of swiftech are an option but more then $80

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked at some of the reviews for that cooler in another color and they weren't si good :/

Alot of the reviews said the reservoir cracked and killed their pc

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep I heard some stories. I was looking at a uk forum for this where a retailer showed the statistics with a 5% or so return rate.

If you can I would fork out for the swiftech, though depending what CPU you have they may be overkill

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Im going to get an i7 6700k and oc to 4.5-5.5 ghz if i can find a stable spot

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, is there any way to replace the reservoir?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol swiftech it is!

to the system builds!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube