add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which would you choose?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say Phanteks. I based that off of looks and aesthetics because the cooling abilities, space, and pricing were all right in the same ball park. You get great options and solid cases either way.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

depends on your build. best for water cooling support is define s. best for flexibility and fitment in mounting is Pro M acrylic. the 400C isn't the best for anything or the one that can fit the most, but it is very good all around. costing $10-$20 more than the other two though doesn't look as compelling. the 400C and Pro M acrylic win on looks. the pro m has better clearance than the other two. like in the define s a top mounted 280 aio conflicts with those cool motherboard I/O covers and even mounting a rear 120 rad or 140 mm fan. fractal cases are deep and wide, not tall, so vertical clearance is an issue in the rear/top corner of the case. the 600C/400C have that issue too, not a ton of space where the sides meet. knowing what hardware you will use would help.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem i have is, do i spend all my budget on th pc and get a polaris gpu down the line, e.g with money i get for Christmas (probably what i will do) or get a cheaper build...

The phanteks is definitely the winner for the straw poll (so far)

It would be nice to custom water cool in the future but i wouldn't want anything insane just a 240 on top and front panel... but thats me blindly guessing since most of the stuff about water cooling, i learned from you helping me before.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £199.99 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler £70.98 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £104.72 @ Amazon UK
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £58.98 @ Ebuyer
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £37.98 @ Novatech
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £79.99 @ Novatech
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £552.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-08 16:59 BST+0100
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

either case will do fine for this build or a dual 240 rad setup. the 400C and Pro M Acrylic have full clear side panels, the 400C implemented a bit better. both have chamber separation too. the define s is a bit more space efficient as far as mounting a thick rad on top. can't go wrong with any of these. can't go wrong with either one. pick whichever one meets the most of your subjective criteria (aesthetic, color options, etc.) or comes at the most convenience and lowest cost I guess.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really like the look of the 400c to be honest... Honestly don't like the side panel on the pro m acrylic but the non acrylic's window is too small sigh i think it has to be the define s, although 7/10 people said pro m

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

7/10 people aren't you who has to buy and use the case. get what you like. there is not enough difference between these three to rule any of them out on merit. :)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

SCDAS141 Said "the pro m arcrylic of course.." i like both but i honestly cant decide

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I am biased to the Define S (I just bought one without Window). I think it looks better than the other two. They're all really good cases though, and attractive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube