add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Today's Windows 10 Update causing buggy and unresponsive system

jimmystempura
  • 50 months ago

I left my computer idling while I went out for grocery shopping and by the time I came back, I saw my Windows 10 updating but after the restart, everything feels so sluggish and unresponsive like my start menu. I am unaware on how Windows 10 update would occur without my consent as I was away from the computer, doesn't Windows require confirmation prompts before it begins updates via restarts? Many of my applications has been deleted and some of the application icons has enlarged to scale the icon frame. So I thought the windows update was somewhat corrupted so I proceeded to do a clean reset/install just to find out that my system was literally the same as it was before, unresponsive and full of delay so it's definitely the windows update and not my computer. -_-

Is anyone facing these same problems as I am?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

That profile picture is just perfect

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your current Windows Version? Type winver into Cortana?

Are your updates set to Automatic rather than Notify? If so, then the updates are applies automatically.

Too late now, but do you have System Protection on?

I do not agree with forced updates, but you can uninstall individual updates for troubleshooting.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

There is an option to do a clean reset via Windows reset feature by wiping all the drives before installing windows but it's a longer process which takes like an hour or more to do. The sudden update broke a few of my application icons and games so I'm stuck with this until they patch this crap..

I did not expect Windows 10 to update without my consent as the computer was on running a few browsers and videos and it possibly forced restarted my computer to proceed with the update..

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I already did the clean install via Windows reset feature, it completely wipes the drives without a chance to recover the wiped data and it installs the updated Windows 10 version onto the computer but the problem is still there after the re-installation. And the windows.old file would not be deleted with disk clean up and my file shredders. Only thing good this Windows 10 update has done was free up more of my windows drive space...

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It was an offered free upgrade for all Window 7, 8 and 8.1 users during the release of Windows 10.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube