add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How should I configure my fans?

inigoose

44 months ago

In my case (Corsiar 400C) I have 5 fans. 2 at the front, 2 at the top and 1 at the back. What would be the best configuration to put these fans in? Where should I put my 240mm radiator as well?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

In general, front is intake unless using it for a rad, and rear is exhaust.

I would put the rad in the top slots. That would leave four 120mm slots, three at the front for intake and the one rear exhaust.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

And use the top rad as an exhaust?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

I would find it odd to use the rad for intake since it would be bringing in warm air, but it's definitely better to be overly clear.

Plus, then you'd be equal on intake/exhaust at 3+3

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

But surely the air on the outside is cooler than the air in it? But anyway what I was thinking is having three powerful fans in the front pulling air in and the outtake (rad as outtake) slightly less powerful to create positive pressure.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant that the air that travels through the rad gets heated. But yeah, that system sounds right.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah sry I misunderstood.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube