add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Experience with Bottom Mount Fans???

denverbronc7

74 months ago

I have been looking for a new case for an upcoming rig. However, I have yet to have a tower with Bottom Mount case fans. Also, I have yet to stumble upon "bottom-mount case fans" as a searchable option for cases- so, I am not aware of how popular this feature really is.

To me, it makes perfect sense- Heat rises....help push it up. But does anyone have any experience/ guidance with bottom-mount case fan cases? How are the temps running??? Would you advise to look for or avoid this feature???

Below are two examples of cases that I have been looking at with the bottom-mount:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-case-vn400a1w2n

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-sgc5000wkwn1

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Most cases are going to have places where you can mount fans on the bottom.

You can look in the specs of the case and usually it will tell you where extra fans are allowed

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I have seen a few that had the intake on the front/bottom with the exhaust on the rear/top. I just haven't seen many talk about how the airflow was different or if it was preferred over front/side to back/top configuration.

Glad to hear that the airflow is good. And I haven't thought about the dust factor....I have a dog who sheds like crazy twice a year......almost have to air spray daily when that happens.....

Thanks for the response!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube