add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Concerned about airflow and space

MicDude

74 months ago

I'm looking for a case for my upcoming build with these parts. I've considered alot of options and I'm leaning towards the Corsair 550D

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MicDude/saved/2Do9

My biggest concern is I plan to add a 2nd video card in the future so I need a case that will fit both of the cards in the case and if the case will trap too much heat. Should I go with a full tower? Is a mid tower adequate? I don't want to spend more than $150 on it.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

The 550D is perfectly fine for a dual card setup. Just make sure to always have 2 fans in the front.

If you're concerned about the case trapping heat, consider a Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower. It's made almost entirely of mesh I think, and it comes with a ton of fans. For the price I'm not sure it can be beat in terms of cooling.

For a minimalistic style case for less, try the Fractal Design Define R4 (I would buy another 140mm front fan if you get it).

For a more aggressively styled case, there's the Cooler Master Storm Scout 2.

All of those are my top recommendations for cases between $50 and $100. They cover pretty much every end of the spectrum.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Very nice recommendations, that rosewill case is pretty packed full of features

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated! :)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

the corsair 750d is a very spacious case that has plenty of airflow for a dual card config

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

The 750D will fit all of that, including a second video card, but it will look pretty empty. The 750D is more for custom water cooling loops and radiators. I'd say go with the 550D. Airflow is great in all Corsair cases and there are fan filters everywhere, too. You shouldn't have any problems with airflow or temps. Remember, you can always add more fans to help with airflow. Hope this helped!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was also concerned about it looking empty. Thanks!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Check out the Air 540, great case, great air flow, a ton of room

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I will!! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube