add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with my asus maximus vi formula

Highwlaker
  • 80 months ago

I'm using an i7 4770k. Don't have a gpu yet. But I installed everything into the case (using an 860i Corsair ax power supply) And I'm trying to boot up for the first time. Fans spin up and all the lights go on. The Republic of gamers logo pulses, and the debug code just shows 00. There's no beeps from the bios or nothing. And won't connect to the monitor. Any body got any suggestions?

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the exact same problem! Same motherboard and the same processor. I have taken an old Alienware Area 51 ALX and tried to give it a new lease of life...the lights work, the cpu fan works but does not boot up. I've tried taking the mobo out of the case but still the same problem with the debug code 00, don't really know what else to try

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Code usually means dead CPU... Could try taking out the cpu and the battery leave it out over night and re-seat it again the next day and re-install the battery and if that does not work your CPU could be dead. Make sure you don't touch the pins on the board or CPU because just doing that could kill it!

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i called asus support and got a replacement motherboard. but still nothing. so Asus determined it was the cpu which was dead. And I'm extremely careful about that. I always wore anti static gloves, had a wristband, and touched the psu (or whatever metal was around me) before handling any of the components. So much money was already put into this build, i want to take no chances. Ncix is useless and wont exchange my cpu, so im hoping the intel warranty will take care of it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube