add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you like your cases?

iZenix

44 months ago

The title is self-explanatory. What's your prefered style for a computer case? Total IKEA ripoff? Neon fangs and incomprehensible typography? Or a cardboard box? Share your opinion below, under the pretense that it abides to the following rule:

Don't bash people for having different tastes, even if they seem annoying to you. We all have different preferences.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

While not exactly a style, there are some combos I really do like

• Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV w/ reference Nvidia cards & NZXT Hue+ (dual colour)
  • NZXT Phantom Lineup w/ painted grilles, and similarly aggressive panels inside
  • Corsair 380T w/ all watercooled & painted to give off a more car like appearance, going with the "Start" button

I guess I tend to sway towards aggressive styled cases. Some could say Alienwarey, or gamery, but not quite to that point. There has to be a balance, and some builds get it right, while others IMO sway one way or the other too much. Of course, that isn't bad, but I don't like extremes.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

For a daily driver computer that sits in my room and people can see, I prefer simplicity. I currently have a Fractal Define R4 windowed with an amber/ yellow-orange theme. Changed out the stock LED and added a strip.

My roommate has a Corsair Spec-01 with a Red/Blue theme. I like his as well - I could live with it being my main rig.

As for a second computer, anything could go. I appreciate even pretty overdone stuff as long as I don't have to see it all day, every day. I think it's because I grew up with computers that all looked like ugly gray boxes, but I bought one of these babies as a work computer and I don't mind looking at it... at least it's different from the thousands of these we see on every office desk ever.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I've owned and/or worked in four different cases, ignoring all pre-built OEM cases.

-Corsair air 540 (my current main)

-Deepcool Tesseract SW (my first case)

-NZXT Phantom (I forget the exact version of it, for a friend's build)

-Thermaltake Core X1 (for my dad's build)

I've been impressed by all four of them, least so with the Phantom. The Tesseract impressed me with how easy it was to build in considering it's $32 (at the time) price tag. The 540 impressed me for obvious reasons; it's an outstanding but oblong case.

My general preference for cases has changed here and there and usually depends on the day, but I usually find that Phanteks, Fractal Design, and In Win have my favorite design styles. My current reasonable favorite is the In Win 805 Red. I love the tempered glass and refined detailing of the case, and as a standard mid tower, it's all I'd ever really need.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube