add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Use current AIO or switch to air?

optimusgaming

45 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-cooler-bxts13x

That is the current AIO cooler I have, the problem is the temps are ridiculous going up to 80c and usually around 65-ishc, I have the i7-4790k oc'ed to 4.4.

Heres what I'm wondering, would I be better off on getting another air cooler not just due to the high temps the water one is getting but also due to the fact I transport my PC to my dads every other weekend(10 or so mile drive).

Need any/all opinions.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Air coolers are big and heavy and are not a good idea to keep installed when moving your case around in my opinion.

How long have you had your build made and what CPU what is matched it?

I take it you have cleaned the radiator/fans every 3-4 month or so?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Built it a couple months ago so its relevantly new.

what CPU what is matched it? Come again?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I am so dumb I see the i7-4790K now.

Air cooler could be fine here.

A single radiator AIO cooler isn't better than air coolers.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright is 80c a high zone for the OC I have? It was 75ishc without overclock.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I like air cooling personally. The whole "they bend your motherboard" thing is mostly a myth. I'd go air personally. I transported my PC 200 miles several times a year and 2-5 miles every week or so with a LARGE air cooler on it. Never had a single issue.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

What voltage are you using? You are going to be better off with a hsf.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Stock

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

That is pretty bad for that cooler since the cpu is only using about 110 watts of power. However its not dangerous. What is your budget? What is the rest of your build?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DLZ8TW

$50 for the cooler if need be.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbk

It also has great performance and its going to match your color scheme perfectly.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats looks nice, will have to order it this month and update my build with my custom desk... (May have white led's and a custom white-black paintjob but shh dont tell anyone)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube