add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what are some good cheap quiet case fans?

tubadude45

44 months ago

looking for some case fans to put in my pc, I want them to be good at cooling as well as staying quiet without emptying my wallet.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your budget, and what size do you need?

Do you have a color preference?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

$10-$15 CAD per fan, 120mm any colour

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

look at be quiet pure wings.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

will check them out, thanks

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

can you link a Canadian seller cant find one with them in stock

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

the only store that might have them is NCIX. the rest are out of stock.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Just get super cheap **** ones and run them at 600rpm. Airflow if rarely ever an issue in systems.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

how do you set the fan speed? you need 4 pin fans to do that

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

No you don't! If you give a fan less power it will turn slower! :D

PWM is just more accurate.

How do you think those desk fans work? PWM is too expensive for a £5 desk fan.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

sweet I did not know you could do that on a pc, would you be able to like a guide on how to do this?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It's really simple. In your bios there will be a graph of sorts that has fan speed on one side and processor temp on the other, which allows you to gage what speed the fan will be at each temp.

This is called a fan curve.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

If you buy a $15 fan, you could effectively replace it 5 times with ****** ones. Just buy all of them and hide them in your bed, then when one breakes replace it.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I have litterally gone to best buy and bought case fans that are super nice, heavy duty, and quiet, plus they are only like 10 bucks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube