add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will 980ti sli fit in Aerocool Xpredator X3 Devil Red ATX Mid Tower Case?

Bajams

44 months ago

Like title says, I'm building my second pc (been like 8 years though lol) and getting it ready for VR. Planning to get 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 980tis and do SLI ( https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-06gp43996kr ).

Will it fit inside this case? https://pcpartpicker.com/part/aerocool-case-xpredatorx3devilr

I'm trying really hard to find a mid tower cause I don't want a full tower. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Color schemes in red, black, or a mix or maybe even an all white case.

Thanks everyone!

*Edit

Here's my build list. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/g86rJx

I guess I'll need a case that also fits the x61.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

few thoughts:

• that case is super ugly with fixed hard drive cage, small cpu cutout and only 2 usb ports of it's own, not worth it's asking price
  • it is about the same size as several full towers I can name (though the line is very blurry as some "mid towers" are bigger than some "full towers")
  • you want a mid tower, but need at least two optical bays and want something that can comfortably hold the X61, these things will be in conflict with plenty of mid tower cases, especially smaller ones

here's a list with a different case and cooler. come with some good RGB fans on the case and cooler. don't think building around the X51 makes sense unless you bought the cooler already.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $344.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 40.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $119.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $278.99 @ B&H
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $149.45 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB VR EDITION ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI) $699.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB VR EDITION ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI) $699.99 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2553.38
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $2533.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-20 19:51 EDT-0400
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, "you want a mid tower, but need at least two optical bays and want something that can comfortably hold the X61, these things will be in conflict with plenty of mid tower cases, especially smaller ones"..... yea I hear ya loud and clear. Hopefully I might be able to find some alternatives then to compare before i pull the trigger

Hmmm, what about swiftech for the cooler instead? either the 220 or 240?

Appreciate the input btw, thanks!

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

swiftech coolers are good, but rare to find and expensive. you could find a smaller mid tower, but you'd likely have to forgo the 280 rad based cooler for a 240 or an air cooler.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Was reading a bunch of reviews though and there seems to have been quite a few that had problems with either algae or loose copper going into the coolant chamber for swiftech coolers though.

Maybe I'll consider the Corsaid H100i v2 with the 240mm fans.

Thanks for the additional input!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Try the Thermaltake V31.. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/vxwV3C

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube