add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Zalman Reserator 3 MAX Dual Liquid CPU Cooler. Thermal paste?

Thomasbamf7_

45 months ago

Do I need thermal paste for this water cooler? If I do what's the best?

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

That cooler seems more like a HSF with it using what is closer to a heatsink than a radiator. Anyways on to your question, it comes with some but it comes in a pouch so its not exactly ideally to use but it will work. You do need thermal paste for any cooler you use.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow vagabond your still stick around I remember you from a year ago. Anyways can you explain to me what you were talking about With my water cooler. Also is the prolimatech pk-3 a good thermal paste

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow vagabond your still stick around I remember you from a year ago.

Yup, I am still very active here. I currently have the most posts here at over 20K.

. Anyways can you explain to me what you were talking about With my water cooler.

I was intrigued by the way it cools. A AIO cooler doesn't cool by just liquid, it cools by the heat from the cpu getting transfers to the waterblock and then getting transferred to the liquid and the pump moves the liquid into the radiator and the heat gets mostly transferred into the fins and finally the heat gets dissipated by the fan and the cycle repeats. A HSF aka "air cooler" with liquid heat pipes actual works on the same concept it just uses the heat to cycle the fluid via phase change instead of a pump. This will probably help to understand what I am talking about.

As for what I was talking about it doesn't have what appears to be your traditional looking rad that most AIO cools do, instead it has what looks similar to a heatsink with liquid heatpipes in it and it uses the pump to move the fluid instead of heat like a normal HSF would use which I haven't seen ever before.

is the prolimatech pk-3 a good thermal paste

Yes, its great thermal paste. Its some of the best you can get.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you vagabond very detailed description as I needed, keep up the great work!

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Its the same concept and it works the same as any other rad but I was just referring to how it looks since imo it does look much more like a heatsink than it does your traditionally radiator.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube