add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair RM750x vs EVGA G2 850W

Charmin
  • 48 months ago

They cost the same and I've only heard good things about both, so this leaves me undecided on the two.

EDIT: I'm looking at 850W because I plan on SLI-ing 980's in the future and because I want to overclock those 980's along with my i7-6700k. Not only that, but I want to use the PSU in further builds with beefier parts so the extra wattage will be useful.

With that being said, is it ok to use a PSU repeatedly (such as I use it in my first PC and then I use it again in my second PC). I'd imagine that matters on how I use the computer and how long I use it but I think that both of these PSU's should last a while.

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes PSU's can last a long time, plenty of people reuse good quality power supplies and with 10 year warranty I imagine the manufactures believe they have a solid product also.

If the price is cheaper or comparable on the 850w G2 and you plan to SLI makes sense to go that way, though for a GTX 980 and 6700k a 750 watt unit is enough generally. However if you anticipate adding beefier components, you have the flexibility at least with 850 watts.

The G2 and RMx are both very solid units and really comes down to which ever one is cheaper (and if you want slightly more fan control and quieter fan in the RMx on occasions it does spin)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh I see. Thanks for the answer it really does help!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and I totally meant RM850x not the 750. so that's my fault for the misleading title. I guess the question and your answer fit the bill though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube