add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI OR Gigabyte

rw4x4van1
  • 80 months ago

I built my last computer 9 years ago with an ASUS board and it has just started giving me problems so it's time for a new build

I wanted to stay with ASUS, but I haven't heard all the great things I used to about them so,..I would like to hear pros and cons on the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H vs MSI Z87-G45 This board will be powered by an i7 4770 and used for photoshop

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I don't have a problem recommending any 3 of those.

However the gigabyte motherboard is a bit more in price than the G45 so if I were to make a comparison I would compare it to the GD-65

I don't have a preference or experience with either of these but from reading newegg reviews I would go with the Gigabyte board. Seems it is has a bit more features and a bit higher quality

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I hear I recommend Gigabyte (Asus is also good in my opinion but I think they are focusing a bit more on there GPU's than ther MOBO's). I have bought 3 MOBO's from MSI and every-single-one was broken when they arrived (for each time I used a different shipping, so I am 95% sure it was MSI to blame), but then again they make very nice GPU's, and it could have probably just been a one-off, so I don't hold a grudge, but I still recommend Gigabyte or Asus above MSI.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're a gamer get the G45. If not the UD4H is good too. Personally i would look at all the features and decide if they are worth it

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I did some more research and decided to go with an Asus board after all and went with the Z87-Plus, i7 4770, and the Corsair Vengeance memory

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube