add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Selective about cases

CAMR

74 months ago

Going to do my first pc build, very selective about cases. I want a side window, with no fan slots blocking it. Fairly simple, Black. Mid Tower ATX around 70-100 dollars. Looking at fractal design define R4 windowed black at the moment. Not going to do liquid cooling. Any recommendations?

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

The windowed R4 is probably your best option, unless you're able to extend your budget for the Corsair 650D. Other options include:

There's more cases that fit the whole "simple black windowed mid-tower" shtick, but have ducts on the window for fan mounts. Corsair's 300R Windowed and Vengeance C70, notably.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a big fan of this case and am in the process of buying it. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-case-vp700m1w2n

Also, check out the Raidmax Smilodon, although there are a few negatives I saw, such as a top mount PSU and no cable management. And finally, if you didn't know, try sorting by clicking the "list" tab on the top right of the case page. And it never hurts to look at the manufacturer's stie too, since PCPart doesn't always have everything.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the replys, but I think I will just stick with the R4

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube