add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Picking, MicroATX/MiniITX - NEED HELP!

PandaAssassin199

44 months ago

Hi,

I'm currently sitting next to a GIANT beast of a case, able to fit about 25 GPU's and like 5 MOBO's... and don't forget the 5000 HDD's well anyway I only have 1 GPU and well I'm upgrading my CPU soon but i want more leg room so i thought maybe a smaller case. To start off here are my current specs that relate to the size of cases

RAM: 2x 4GB 1333Mhz, and 2x 8GB 1600Mhz GPU: GTX 970 Strix, with the Length being the same as any other card, I'm more worried about the height CPU Cooler: a closed loop water cooler, I'm not going with a fan from past experience (my current computer has heating issues)

the motherboard, CPU, PSU can all be changed as i will be buying new ones anyway. and if need be (for the MiniITX, i might be getting rid of the slower RAM anyway)

so now that all this is out i need help picking, i have decided that Box type cases tend to be too short for my GPU, but flat ones are too narrow for the height of my GPU... some current choices i have are:

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cases/Mini_ITX/60881-ML08B?gclid=CjwKEAjw0pa5BRCLmoKIx_HTh1wSJABk5F_43OnERuw4_QNkWkiqO59owJ_Qc_ZUIL4a-9J0GpfRtxoC2GHw_wcB (but no water cooling)

now i have found a lot more, but i am not 100% sure about the water cooling fact which is why i came here, for help with picking the perfect case. I'm not too fussy about the look but always lean towards the 'sexier' option. if you know any great cases that fit everything here that would be amazing! if you currently use a case like described above please tell me as i would love to explore all my options before picking.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

OK 3 things:

1) Heres a Nice list of mITX cases By style and Volume: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/55093-list-of-cases-for-steam-machinebox

2) We kinda Need the dimensions of your cards to help you out. Is it a Single or Dual Slot GPU and how many millimeters long?

3) If you're decided to switch to mITX, the best thing I can recommended for a better building experience is to buy an SFX PSU with short sleeves. Silverstone has a great one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube