add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Right motherbord for rig

BSoDCrisis
  • 80 months ago

Did a post about a week ago but I've change my mind! I was planning giving a try to AMD cpu. So here's a rig I've build

CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Storage Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card

Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

I kinda wanted to know if my motherboard is a good choice if I want to overclook this guy to 4.8-5ghz! And obliviously if you think that something is off..

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga970aud3

The gigabyte is my favorite for AMD builds. It's reliable, and works well with blue color schemes.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the fast reply! Is that motherboard's great for OC? It says that it can't crossfire and I propably will depending on my budget.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

It can, but it's not particularly adept at it. I would choose a 990 board, like this gigabyte board: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga990fxaud3

The Asus and MSI boards are also good, you should give those a look. Can't post many links right now because I'm on mobile, but I'll get back to you on that.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I read on several different sites about the gigabyte 990 bottlenecking and messing with the voltage on the 8350. I don't have personal experience but it got me worried since i planned on buying that combo. You may one to look into, or I might be misinformed.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

It's been fine for me, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll take a look into it, thanks!

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

If you could find something that would be great because I really wanted to get the gig motherboard. Its a beautiful blue and my rig is themed blue.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

By the way guys I'll probably go for the Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z. They say it's the best card if I want to overclock my fx-8350 to 5ghz! They say you can go even higher with proper cooling system. So I'll give that a try ;). Thanks for your time guys, really appreciated!

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I have that one and it is FANTASTIC. you're gonna love it. as for the cooler, i have the h80i - make sure to set up corsair link or the fans will make you scream bloody murder XD

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll go with the h100i for cooling and i'm not that concern about the noise of the case because i'll always have my headset on or speakers bashing XD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube