add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Platinum or Gold?

seviren
  • 47 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/shrkGX

This is my current build and I am deciding whether it is worth it to get a 850W Gold PSU or 650W/750W Platinum PSU.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

If you plan on SLI go with the 850.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The biggest difference for you between a gold 850W and a platinum 850W would be the warrenty. It's 7 years for the gold and 10 years for the platinum. I would not sacrifice 100W for platinum rating though.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The biggest difference for you between a gold 850W and a platinum 850W would be the warrenty. It's 7 years for the gold and 10 years for the platinum

For the 850 watt G2 it also has a 10 year warranty. The only G2/P2 psu's that don't are the 550/650 watt units.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

gold vs platinum makes no difference itself. especially with the psu series in your cart. the 750 P2 is fine. it's currently $109.99 on amazon, great for that psu.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I might do SLI later on

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube