add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pascal is dirt cheap AND IS FASTER THAT A $1000 TITAN X

bobby567

37 months ago

OMG I'm so excited. Are you going to get the:

or

1070 4 ME!!!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 6 points

Neither. I am going to be waiting until the next gen of cards come out since I am very happy with my R9 390, hell I really haven't even taken full advantage of it and there really isn't a game I play that really isn't capable of doing ~60FPS on it and will instead be upgrading my cpu next which is for sure holding me back in recent games.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You have my upvote.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I totally agree with this. However, the idea of being able to hold a steady 144 fps at 1080p with a card that is only $599 is enough to make me dump my 970 SLI. 1080p 60hz... I agree, no need to upgrade for awhile.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

1070 obv

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

FTW!!!!!!

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice earthbound profile pic

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. It'll be in my $1400 for a PC. Hopefully it'll get cheaper on Black Friday as thats when I expect to order my parts.
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

1070 someday. Titan X power at $400 that is insane. If this is true AMD just got rekt. If AMD pulls off the same thing though, oh man.

Eyeing black friday deals....

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Titan X power at $400 that is insane.

Not really. That's kinda just what happens when the next generation comes out. Its like when the Maxwell first came out. The 970 gave similar performance to the $1000 titan/780ti, but for $350. Its pretty much the trend for Flagship GPUs.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Not really. That's kinda just what happens when the next generation comes out.

That's pretty much is going happen on most newer nvidia GPU's.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I get what you are saying and all....but...

Why spend $1k now when I can soon get the same performance for $400?

I don't care if that is just what happens, We are getting the same performance for less.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Why spend $1k now when I can soon get the same performance for $400?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying to go buy a Titan X right now. I 100% agree with you in that people should just wait for pascal now. I just wanted to point out that that just the way these things work. Today's Flagship GPU is next Gens mid to high range GPU (depending on what you'd consider mid or high) . Its really not all that incredible... Well at least purely from a buyers view point. You could make the argument that because they developed GPUs that perform on par with today's flasgships their advancement and production capabilities are incredible... but that's not my point and now I'm just ranting haha.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

We are getting the same performance for less. That is all I care about. I said I understand your point, today's flagship is next gen's mid-range card. It is incredible that we get the same power as today's flagship, which today's is really powerful, and get it for less. Before getting a 980ti and a good monitor for it costs a ton today, but next gen I can get the same monitor, and a card that is cheaper than can still run it. What is not good about that?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What is not good about that?

Its great. Its fantastic honestly. I don't know I guess what I'm trying to say is I just don't get why everyone's all freaking out when I consider it something to be expected. Just like I expect the pascals flagship to be whatevers next standard $350-$400 gpu (as long as the tech doesn't stagnate). I will say though I heard the 1080 is suppose to be twice as powerful as the titan X and that has me genuinely impressed.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I completely agree. It's just mind blowing to many people because the Titan X was so highly regarded in the tech community for being one of the only, and the first single GPU to push 4k at around 60 fps (depending on the game). The fact that 4k gaming is now accessible at $379 instead of $1000 is the shell shocker and I believe that's why there is so much commotion. It's all because of the potential to game at 4k for such a low cost.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

if there is going to be a FTW version i call dibs

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably 1070

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm still happy with my GTX 750 Ti. It hasn't let me down yet, and I'm willing to sacrifice lots of graphics quality to keep framerates up.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Haven't gotten into Civ yet, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that the 750 Ti would be up for the challenge. I'd actually be worried more about my CPU in that case.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Not "dirt cheap", more like "i can afford this but dont really want to pay its price"

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Hardware > Video Cards".

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Im waiting for HBM2 to run my next upgrade of a 4k 100hz+ monitor. So until Nvidia can provide me with a single gpu solution i wont upgrade unless AMD can. =)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm excited for sure. Pascal is very impressive stuff. I've got a Radeon HD 7870 at the moment so I'm due an upgrade. I'll still be waiting for Vega before making a solid decision on what card it'll be though.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, lots of jaded comments in here about the 1080. Have we gotten to the point where an awesome new iteration of a card comes out, but its just not worth it before its even on the shelf? I can't push 4K at 60 fps on Fo4 with my 980ti. It seems to me, the 1080 may just have the added push I will need to finally achieve that, so yes, I will have a 1080, just not the moment it drops.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I just want to give AMD a chance to show its cards before deciding where I want to invest. If AMD can trade blows with Vega then I'll buy a Vega card. If Vega is underwhelming then I'll get a Pascal card.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Im not waiting a year though. I will get a 1080 now, and enjoy Fallout while I still want to play it ;)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I'm lucky in that I'm still stuck in 2010 in a lot of ways. That's when I built my first PC to use with a TV that I bought in 2008 when I was till living with my parents. The TV is a 720p 32" Sony Bravia.

The first build was on an extremely tight budget and being a complete newbie back then I plumped for the AMD FX-4170 because it "had great clock speeds". Jeez, how embarrassing I was back then.

Anyway after getting married and having a kid I finally got the cash to do some upgrading this year. Job one; ditch that awful processor so it stops limiting my framerates, oh and replace the case that my daughter broke. So that's what I did. I opted to go mITX and basically replaced everything except the GPU, HDD/SSD and CPU Cooler. Now my Radeon HD 7870 is handling 720p like a champ thanks to being paired with a Xeon E3-1231 v3.

Now it's a case of try and get approximately £1500 together so I can get a 4K screen and new GPU at the same time. Of course by the time that's happened I'll have more options from AMD, not to mention more variable sync screens at a decent living room size. I'll be able to make a solid decision between brands.

I'm trying to look at the fact I'm so behind on screen resolution as a blessing now that 4K is becoming possible on a single card. Of course if you're in a situation like yourself where you've already got the screen, well, AMD has lost out by being last to market. Again.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Right :) I do know this stuff is coming, but I'm ready now, and so is nVidia, so they win.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Any new rumours on Polaris since Pascal debuted?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Zotac has the 1080 listed on there site.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't have listed the video card I really want :) And planning to get...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Umm, what?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

When the 980's first came out, I was limited to the original selection and grabbed the 4GB 980. So I was thinking of waiting for the Titan X, but I found this statement:

The GTX 1080 will be on shelves May 27 and costs $699. Nvidia's current best-in-class graphics card, the Titan X retails for about $1,000. It is less powerful and much less efficient than the GTX 1080,

edit: reference to Titan is the 980, my bad.

Will we see a 1080 Titan?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. I am. However, my GTX 970 hasn't let me down yet. I'm gonna wait. Nvidia has a trend. The Titan of the 10 series should be released next year and should probably marvel the 1080 and then the next year. Replaced. So, I'll wait until either next year or Volta.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It isn't faster!! Jesus!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Only %20 faster.

Jesus christ.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Still wrong. Than*

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That's not the question.

Are you going to get the GTX 1070 or 1080?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends what polaris is like.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It's ok. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube