add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with case - air flow/cable space

SBC

43 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SBC/saved/YgN323

Not sure if that link is right. But I got the rosewill fbm-01 I think it's called. The amount of space inside is absolutely horrid. I'm not worried about mobility of the system, just compatibility, flow and cable management.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Cable management is going to be a challenge in this case, you might have to improvise on how you manage the cables. Cooling would be fine, not great but enough, as it has a 120mm in the back and an open mesh at the side but this case will have a negative pressure. Everything else is compatible.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are worried about cable managment ruining your temps, don't here is a video showcasing it for more info: Video

• SBC
  • submitter
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have it and it is put together. The only reason I was wondering is it hit a temp of 68c at some point according to speedfan. I figure there is just not enough flow.

The gpu hit 96c a bit ago after only about 5 minutes into FFXIV. I heard the fan pulsing at 100% and tabbed out to check the temps. I have an msi afterburner profile setup now to try and alleviate this. I'm beginning to wonder if my cable mess has caused this big of an issue

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube