add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions needed/wanted

Mpeebles

43 months ago

I am looking at two different cases for my build.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro https://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-case-phes614pbk

Corsair 760T Black https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-760tblack

Just wondering which one you all would choose and why. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Enthoo Pro. Has more watercooling support, and the PSU cover and panel in front of the HDD cages make it look way cleaner.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree on the cleaner look! Thank you for your opinion. :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

what's the build? both of these cases are kind of lesser versions (in terms of functionality) than the Enthoo Luxe and 750D, which I'd recommend over both unless you like the aesthetic of the 760T (only reason to buy it IMO). here are some pros of the 760T vs the Enthoo Pro.

760T

• larger case
  • 9 pci-e slots vs 8 in the Enthoo Pro
  • more vertical clearance than Enthoo Pro for radiators
  • more capacity and more flexibility for mounting 3.5" hard drives
  • more dedicated SSD bays (4 vs 1 for the Enthoo Pro)
  • better looks (subjective, but i think majority would agree)
  • more front radiator mounting space, support 280 rad in front vs 240 Enthoo pro
  • comes with optimized fan setup (2 x 140 mm front intakes, 1 x 140 mm exhaust vs 1 x 200 mm intake, 1 x 140mm exhaust Enthoo Pro)

Enthoo Pro

• comes with better quality fans
  • has dust filter for the top exhaust/intake area
  • bottom intake area is larger and is filtered
  • cleaner internals due to psu cover and drive bay wall
  • psus area has rubber standoffs to prevent vibrations
  • includes pwm controlled fan hub for up to 11 fans (6 without Y spliters)
  • top mount for fans/radiator is slotted rather than fixed holes on the 760T
  • dedicated locations for tube res mounting without needing to mod the case or drill holes
  • better cable management with better placed pass throughs, more tie down points and velcro straps

ultimately the 760T is a prettied up 750D that is lacking a bit in functionality (the bottom -front intake is not there due to the curvature of the chassis frame and it lacks a top dust filter). the Enthoo Pro is a cheap version of the Luxe, that has better dust protection as the Pro has some vents on the front panel that aren't filtered (don't know if they addressed this, they did with the Pro M). looking at your consideration of the 760T budget isn't much an issue, so I advise go for the Enthoo Luxe or 750D airflow (and a filter for the unfiltered bottom intake if you go 750D).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube