add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Painting a CPU fan - Will it work?

JeopardyWolf

44 months ago

Hey guys, I'm very new to this but also ready to dive into my first PC build. I've got all the parts ready to be ordered but I've decided that since I don't like the white on the fan housing, I want to paint it black. I'll be using the Phanteks phtc12.

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbl

Do you guys see any issue with painting that part of the cooler? Cheers :)

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

but I've decided that since I don't like the white on the fan housing, I want to paint it black.

Do you guys see any issue with painting that part of the cooler? Cheers :)

No. The problem is painting the blades.

I know this would be more expensive but just to give you another option, this are some nice black and blue fans with blue leds

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/aerocool-case-fan-ds120mmblue

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Those fans do look pretty cool :) they might work, I've got a Be Quiet! 600 case as well as orange cabling so I'm trying to get a good match of blue and orange.. We'll see how it goes

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It probably costs about the same to just buy black fans, and there's not as much risk of breaking anything.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't paint that, could cause issues for the fan. Why not purchase some black fans?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube