add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Push/Pull on top of case help

CrimsonYeti

44 months ago

I want to do a 240mm rad with 4 fans in a push/pull config at the top of my case. Should I:

1) Have the bottom 2 fans push air into the rad and the top 2 fans pull air out of the rad and through top of the case,

or

2) Have the bottom 2 fans pull air from the rad and the top 2 fans push air into the rad from the top of the case?

I read somewhere that it is good to have exhaust out the back and top, so the first one makes more sense to me. Idk. Help appreciated.

-TP

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say option 1.

BUT I would just get 2 good fans with decent static pressure. Push pull only makes sense with thick radiators. Only advantage would be running all 4 fans at reduced speed for a more silent build, which if you get 2 good fans that shouldnt be an issue.

On your part's list you have the corsair H110 which is a 280mm liquid cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube