add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with powering the fans from Corsair 500R using EVGA 650 G2.

Juddnasty
  • 47 months ago

I just got a Corsair 500R and a EVGA 650 G2 as part of my new build and ran into a question. The case has 2 front fans and a larger one on the side. They all connect together and have a molex 4-pin pass through attached. My PSU came with a male to female on one side that connects to what looks like a fan header. It also came with a PERF to molex that I can plug into my actual PSU. Which one do I use?

Pics

Pic 1: The connection showing the front 2 fans connecting to the side fan that includes the Molex pass through

pic

Pic 2: The Molex to fan cable that came with my PSU

pic

Pic 3: The PERF to Molex cable that came with my PSU

pic

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

That molex adapter that came with the PSU is NOT for fans. it's for a floppy drive. DO NOT connect it to the motherboard.

Use the perf to molex cable to connect the daisy chained fans. This case has a fan controller, the molex fan powers the controller which in-turn powers the fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube