add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installing windows again!!!

3BDLRHMN
  • 49 months ago

I've ordered a PC that comes with a crappy SSD and windows OS is installed on it. I have a better SSD that I want to install it in that PC and then install Windows on it. I'm not going to clone the OS, I'll reinstall it, but the problem is that it's my first time to do such thing. I heard that one of the methods is to unplug the unwanted hard drive and plug the wanted one then reinstall windows on it! Is it really THAT simple?

All comments are appreciated. Thx.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, prety much. Note that there are ways to get the key from the old windows to use with the new one and you can download the instalation image directly from microsoft.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Disconnect all solid state drive(s) and/or hard drive(s) except the drive you intend to install the Windows on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube