add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do i motherboard?

seannie2
  • 80 months ago

I do not know much about motherboards. Please enlighten me! I don't know what these are:

• Chipset
  • Memory Slots
  • Memory Type
  • RAID Support
  • CrossFire Support
  • SLI Support
  • PATA 133
  • SATA 3 Gb/s

Also, what would you recommend as a LOW PRICE ($>80) motherboard, i will probably try to overclock in due time (if you need it here is my build right now)

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Chipset : It's a chip that controls the motherboard. (USBs, Disk Drives, PCI Cards, etc.)
  • Memory Slots : That's where your RAM go.
  • Raid : It's not very important. It's a technology for having parallel Hard Drives installed
  • Crossfire : It's for Radeon Cards. With this you can install 2 Graphic Cards or more
  • SLI : The same but this one is for nVidia Graphic Cards.
  • PATA : Old Hard Drive connector
  • SATA : Current Hard Drive connector

This one is a good cheap motherboard. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970ag43

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

so if i get 2 radeon cards, one with 1 GB of v-ram, the other with 2. Do i get 3 GB of V-Ram? Does it work like that for Core Clock too?

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

No VRAM don't stack like that. You could go with this card its has 3 GB http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx795atdkc

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

don't get a 660ti spend a bit more and get the gtx 770 the just went down in price and for the extra $100 its 4 times faster

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have an extra $100 in my budget ATM. But if i do randomly get a boost in cash i will!

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Can i have a link to this card?

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not looking to spend more money I'd go with the 7950 over the 660 Ti as it comes with 3 free games and is the better buy than the 660 Ti. The 3gb on the 660 Ti isn't going to give you the performance because the 192 bit interface cannot take advantage of it.

7950 gets my vote.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I really want to play BF4, the recommended specs say 3 gb. Any card recommendations that will run BF4? Also, whats a 192 bit interface?

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

The 7950 has 3gb of VRAM so you're covered there.

When I say 192 bit interface i mean the memory bus of the card. The higher the better so the 7950 has a 256 meaning is has less latency in the card and is better able to utilize the 3gb of VRAM.

I'm not an expert with this, but that's my best explanation haha

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

How do i check the memory bus of a card. Also, what about the core clock? Does that matter?

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

The memory bus of a card should be listed in the specs.

The core clock doesn't matter too much as you can always over clock it

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you know the answer to the question i asked vlad007? "so if i get 2 radeon cards, one with 1 GB of v-ram, the other with 2. Do i get 3 GB of V-Ram? Does it work like that for Core Clock too?"

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, so i picked the right CPU!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube