add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Aegis

A5PECT

43 months ago

This just caught my eye and I'm wondering what others think of it.

The aesthetic design is fairly unique. I find it attractive, but I imagine it's one of those "love it or hate it" kind of deals. The internal layout is... interesting. Seems like it'd be a pain to build in. The programmable RGB lighting looks like a ton of fun, though.

The price seems a little high, but it's not outrageous. At least for the barebones package, that is; the ones that come fully kitted out are ridiculous (as expected of pre-built gaming rigs). $400 for a B150 motherboard, 600W PSU, and a very aggressive-looking case with RGB lighting is a little pricey. But I'm not too put off by it. Call me vain, but I'm willing to pay a little extra for a little flashy superfluity.

Admittedly, I don't know if the PSU or the construction quality of the case are any good. If they're rubbish then the price becomes completely unjustified. If I had a lot of money to burn I'd gladly play the guinea pig, buy one, and put a budget build together for it.

Edit: I found this article on Gamers Nexus where they broke one down and did a cursory evaluation at last month's PAX.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube