add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Moving Rig into S340

Variable.variables

43 months ago

I am planning on moving my rig into an S340 pretty soon (doing a complete overhaul of the aesthetics), and I'm just wondering if there is anything that I need to know before I attempt this. Some things that I'm worried about are having to remove/put back on the CPU cooler (not sure if I need more thermal paste) and messing up cables (in general). So, based on my parts list, please leave anything that you think may be useful. Thanks!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $223.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI Z97 U3 Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard -
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $31.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $65.09 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card $294.89 @ OutletPC
Case NZXT Phantom (Black/Green) ATX Full Tower Case $114.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply OCZ ZT 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Directron
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $17.88 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) $83.89 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N250PC2 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter $17.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard AZIO MGK1 Wired Gaming Keyboard $69.95 @ B&H
Mouse Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse $88.95 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1154.38
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1134.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-20 13:58 EDT-0400

Edit: Before someone comes in here with a Pascal comment or two, I must say that all these were purchased over 1.5 years ago.

Edit 2: I completely forgot to submit as a completed build the first time around, so hopefully I get that done this time.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

I have an S340, very easy case to work with. The is not a lot of room between the top of the case and the top of the motherboard, so connecting the 8-pin ATX power cable at the top of the board with the EVO installed maybe a bit of a choir.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Only thing I can recommend is to take the ssd trays out when you install the mobo, just makes it a little easier and not have to angle it in there, other than that it's a great case, I just finished building In the white version of it

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know. Thanks.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I got a Bitfenix Extension kit for 35. I'm more worried about messing something up.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, sounds easy enough. I was planning on removing the GPU, and it's nice to hear a second opinion on that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube