add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hyper 212 EVO Backplate

Kumiko

43 months ago

Is it necessary? It's my first time putting together a computer, and I didn't put the backplate on first, so my motherboard is in, CPU and RAM are in. A standoff is stuck and I lack the tool to remove it :\ so now I really need to know if it would be okay without the backplate for the CPU cooler? It's supposedly for support, but the cooler will be hanging. I mean the motherboard is only flat when you put it together, and when the tower is standing up-right, the motherboard will be sideways.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

the backplate is needed to keep the cooler in place and to minimize the stress on the motherboard.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to use the stock cooler for now. thanks for reply

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

You definitely need it for support unless you want to take the risk of damage your motherboard.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to use the stock cooler for now. thanks for reply

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

You didn't put backplate on but you did put the bolts through from the back?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't even seen the back until recently. I forgot I could take off the other side or I would have just put it on. Too late now though. I put on the stock cooler for now

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube